Pitch Coach (Part-time)
Women and underrepresented founders receive less than 2% of all venture capital investments. Investing in diverse founders isn't just the right thing to do, it's the smart thing to do as they outperform non-diverse founding teams. Scroobious is a woman-owned company building a platform and community to connect diverse early-stage founders, investors, and partners. Our initial focus is helping these under-networked founders create impactful, compelling, short pitch videos on a scalable platform. We are looking for a pitch coach who shares our vision of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the early investing space. This is an opportunity to learn about pitching and fundraising in a startup company that makes diversity and equity a priority.
Do you enjoy helping people make their lives better by teaching them something they didn’t know before? Something that will have an immediate impact for them? Are you interested in joining an innovative new technology company that caters to entrepreneurs and investors? This is a versatile and exciting role responsible for the remote delivery of pitch deck and pitch presentation feedback to startup founders. You will work closely with and report directly to our Founder & CEO, Allison Byers.
Scroobious’ keystone program for founders who are fundraising is the Pitch it Plan™, or PiP for short. This program combines online learning modules, downloadable templates, and personalized feedback to help founders efficiently develop compelling pitch decks and pitch videos. Our company is growing fast and we’re looking to add people to our team who are excited to help develop a training protocol, collaborate with other team members, and be a central part of Scroobious’ impactful program by directly assisting undernetworked entrepreneurs in their fundraising efforts.
You do not need to have startup or fundraising experience for this role. Pitch feedback is structured and you will receive training and mentorship. The successful individual for this role would be described as a natural problem solver, positive and proactive, and have a natural curiosity and strong desire to learn and grow.
Make your own hours; this is part-time work that can be done from home. Interested? We’d love to talk!
What You’ll Do
- Become a product expert in our PiP program.
- Shadow pitch feedback delivery sessions and engage in training until you are approved to deliver feedback on your own.
- Once approved as a Scroobious pitch coach, be the knowledgeable and energetic “face” of PiP for our customers.
- Deliver online written feedback on pitch decks and 1:1 pitch review sessions via web conference.
- Help supplement and create training protocols and material to assist with the efforts listed above for new team members.
- Provide consistent and exemplary internal communication with our team.
- Occasional online engagement with our founder community.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- Experience in account management or customer service roles.
- Skilled in creating and delivering compelling presentations.
- Ability to distill complicated information into simpler concepts.
- Consistently positive outlook and a sincere interest in learning about new businesses and seeing customers be successful following the Scroobious program.
- Strong and clear communications skills.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Genuine attention to detail.
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, in particular PowerPoint.
How You’ll Be Paid
Compensation for this role is an agreed upon hourly amount for an agreed upon set of hours per week plus incentive compensation. There is the potential for role expansion and/or full-time employment.