Grant Writer (Part-time)
Women and underrepresented founders receive less than 2% of all venture capital investments. Investing in diverse founders isn't just the right thing to do, it's the smart thing to do as they outperform non-diverse founding teams. Scroobious is a woman-owned company building a platform and community to connect diverse early-stage founders, investors, and partners. Our initial focus is helping these under-networked founders create impactful, compelling, short pitch videos on a scalable platform. We are looking for a grant writer who shares our vision of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the early investing space. This is an opportunity to learn about pitching and fundraising in a startup company that makes diversity and equity a priority.
Scroobious is a social mission-driven company and our work addresses multiple United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. We are looking for someone to join our team for the summer to identify and submit applications for relevant financial grants offered by government departments, foundations, and other organizations or agencies.
You will report directly to our Founder & CEO, Allison Byers. If working to close the funding gap for underrepresented founders excites you, then this opportunity is for you! The successful individual for this role would be described as a self-starter, go-getter, resourceful, and problem-solver interested in the startup ecosystem. Make your own hours; this is part-time work that can be done from home. Interested? We’d love to talk!
What You’ll Do
- Become an expert in Scroobious' mission, community, and platform to understand our objectives and financial needs.
- Research grant opportunities from government and non-government agencies to determine eligibility criteria.
- Identify and recommend grants worth pursuing.
- Compile grant organizations and opportunities with application requirements, application schedules, and reporting requirements.
- Prepare all application documents such as a cover letter, endorsement letter, main content, document describing use of funds, etc.
- Respond to queries on drafted and submitted proposals.
- Maintain positive relationships with fund providers and other stakeholders.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree or working toward a four-year degree in a related area.
- Documented experience drafting and submitting grant proposals.
- Knowledge of proposal submission and fundraising process.
- Strong research skills and knowledge of information sources.
- Excellent multitasking, organizational, and time management skills.
- Exceptional writing skills with an attention to persuasive writing, spelling, and grammar.
How You’ll Be Paid
- Compensation for this role is an agreed-upon summer stipend plus potential incentive compensation for successful grant awards.