Women and underrepresented founders receive less than 2% of all venture capital investments. Investing in diverse founders isn't just the right thing to do, it's the smart thing to do as they outperform non-diverse founding teams. Scroobious is a woman-owned company building a platform and community to connect diverse early-stage founders, investors, and partners. Our initial focus is helping these under-networked founders create impactful, compelling, short pitch videos on a scalable platform. We are looking for a community ambassador who sees our vision of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the early investing space. This is an opportunity to learn about pitching and fundraising in a startup company that makes diversity and equity a priority.
This is a newly created position for someone located in a robust start-up market such as Greater Boston, Metro New York, Greater Miami, Metro DC, or Metro Atlanta.
We’re looking for people to join our growing team and report directly to our Founder & CEO, Allison Byers. You will work closely with team members doing marketing and program work with our customers, who are startup founders. Your responsibility will be to bring your knowledge, relationships, and networking abilities to connect with minority-focused organizations and startup founders in your local community.
If building and fostering relationships as well as working to close the funding gap for underrepresented founders excites you, then this opportunity is for you! The successful individual for this role would be described as a self-starter, go-getter, resourceful, and problem-solver interested in the startup ecosystem. Make your own hours; this is part-time work that can be done from home. Interested? We’d love to talk!
What You’ll Do
- Research and identify potential partners such as accelerators, community organizations, and university programs in the startup ecosystem that could promote our Pitch it Plan™ (PiP) to their founder members.
- Contact organizations to introduce Scroobious and arrange for Allison to meet.
- Identify underrepresented founders in the community who would best benefit from PiP and market the benefits to them.
- Identify potential business sponsors, specifically the decision-making individuals, for Scroobious and assist in presenting the funding opportunities to them.
- Help create marketing and informational collateral to assist with the efforts listed above.
- Once trained on PiP and the Scroobious platform, present at meetings in place of Allison.
What You Bring
- Existing relationships and knowledge about the startup ecosystem in your community that speak to and support underrepresented founders.
- Strong and clear communications skills.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Passion for working to improve the opportunities for founders in your community to get.
How You’ll Be Paid
Compensation for this role is an agreed-upon hourly amount for an agreed-upon set of hours per week plus incentive compensation for the following:
- 2% of any sponsorship obtained as a result of your direct efforts and introductions.
- 5% of the direct PiP fees paid by a founder you sourced.